Friday, April 4, 2014

Blog Resurrexit!

It is time to restore the Now More Strawmen blog.

There were two reasons for the cessation of the original blog.  First, it was the flagship blog in the blog creation assignment conducted at St. Paul's Ixonia computer class.  It was the alpha guinea pig of the blogs created by the upper grades at this school in the last year of my instruction.  This would lead to the second reason:  with my dismissal, the blog project was also shelved.  The original impetus for the blog was lost, and interest eventual waned.

It's resurrection was caused by the times.  Fine blogs have been created and I have followed excellent sites, some of which seem to be losing steam.  I would wish to contribute to the discussion, but these avenues of exchange are becoming few and far between.  And the chief cause is the weakling of all lines of argument:  the Strawman.  These blogs had done great service in offering places to exchange ideas, to see how the other side thinks, rather than credit all sort of deficiencies to their intellect and moral character.

It remains my mission to offer a place to offer my viewpoint, much like a bank in which one's views appear and improve with the exchange.  To this I again switch on the lights to this blog and hope that business proceeds with all diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment